Blueprint Sports launches NIL “Ziggy Collective” to support BGSU student-athletes

Steve Iwanek, Sports Content Director, Falcon Media Sports Network

Bowling Green and Blueprint Sports, an industry leader in full-service Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) collectives, have partnered to launch the “Ziggy Collective” to support BGSU student-athletes and varsity programs.

This NIL collective is just the latest addition to a resume at Blueprint Sports that includes collectives within other schools in the Mid-American Conference and Missouri Valley Conference, as well as the Central Collegiate Hockey Association.

“I fully support a robust name, image, and likeness (NIL) ecosystem for the student-athletes of Bowling Green State University,” said Derek van der Merwe, Director of Athletics and Recreation at BGSU. “This venture will provide unique business and sponsorship opportunities for our student-athletes. This university is fortunate to have a group of innovative and entrepreneurial supporters who are inspired by extending these opportunities.”

According to the press release by Blueprint Sports, supporters, alumni, and fans of The Ziggy Collective can make tax-deductible donations to the collective, through a partnership with the BPS Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization formed to educate, encourage, and assist Falcon student-athletes in their efforts to engage with charitable causes.  

With BGSU’s recent hiring of new men’s basketball coach Todd Simon, as well as the extensions to head football coach Scot Loeffler and head volleyball coach Danijela Tomic, this is a chance for the university to dive into the world of NIL and increase recruiting appeal.

Cal Bowers, an alumnus of BGSU, will serve as one of The Ziggy Collective’s alumni advisors in a volunteer role.

For more information about this, visit the Ziggy Collective website.