Honor your presidents today

President’s Day is today, and most people think this is a meaningless holiday.

It actually does have a lot of meaning because it was created for the celebration of all the presidents of the United States.

Originally, George Washington’s birthday and Abraham Lincoln’s birthday were two separate federal holidays in February until 1968, when Congress passed the Uniform Holidays Bill.

The bill, however, didn’t become effective until 1971, combining Washington’s and Lincoln’s birthdays into one day called President’s Day. It exists to honor all presidents and it is celebrated on the third Monday of February.

People still think that we just celebrate Washington and Lincoln because of their birthdays – which is sort of a half-truth.

Regardless, the holiday is meant to celebrate all presidents.

As of 2006, many state and local governments officially still call this day Washington’s birthday but most businesses and calendar makers call it President’s Day to make it less confusing.

President’s Day is one of my favorite days because this is the day where we get to honor great presidents and celebrate what they did for this country.

I think people should honor and celebrate this day because this is the only day of the year when we honor our presidents, their great work and their accomplishments.

There are only 43 presidents, including the current President Bush, and only four former presidents are still alive.

Many businesses are still open on President’s Day, which takes the meaning out of the day for some people.

There is a Senate tradition since 1862 of reading Washington’s farewell address on the Friday before President’s Day. Last Friday, Ken Salazar (D-Colo.) read the address.

The Clinton Library in Little Rock, Arkansas, will do a screening of “Thirteen Days,” which is about the Cuban Missile Crisis and how Kennedy tried to solve a growing Cold War problem. They’re also serving some past presidents’ favorite snacks along with other President’s Day themes.

TBN, which is the most-watched religious network according to the Neilson ratings, is airing the award-winning documentary “In the Face of Evil: Reagan’s War in Word and Deed,” which is about Ronald Reagan and the 40-year campaign against the Soviet Union and communism.

The film has been getting great reviews and broke box office records in multiple cities when it was released in 2004.

It is considered one of the best documentaries on Reagan and the Cold War, and TBN is expecting high ratings for this President’s Day feature.

The documentary is based on Peter Schweizer s best-selling novel “Reagan’s War: The Epic Story of His Forty Year Struggle and Final Triumph Over Communism.” This book is best known for saying that Reagan achieved the final victory over the Soviet Union through direct confrontation.

There is very little criticism for this documentary and overall, people think Ronald Reagan was good person and great president. Ronald Reagan was even voted the Greatest American by a nationwide poll conducted by the Discovery Channel and America Online.

I consider him to be the greatest president of the 20th century. His contribution to ending the Cold War and fighting communism was one of the biggest victories ever in U.S. history because it was the first time the U.S. fought against a superpower with nuclear weapons.

He managed to give tax cuts, also known as “Reaganomics,” and help bring the economy back from recession left to him by Jimmy Carter.

He also had one of biggest landslide-election-wins for president, beating Walter Mondale, and winning 49 out of 50 states with nearly 60 percent of the popular vote.

Overall, he is a great man and great president with all the successful things he has done with his service to our country. I believe he is a great example of a good president because of all of his accomplishments.

I think we should celebrate this holiday to honor presidents like Washington, Lincoln, Reagan, Roosevelt and many others who have done incredible things for this country as president.

Send comments to Alan at [email protected].