Man hit by train (updated)

For the second time in nine days, a train hit and killed a pedestrian in Bowling Green.

The Bowling Green Police Division and the Wood County Coroner’s office are currently investigating the death of Jason Sheehan, 32, of Toledo, who was struck by a northbound CSX freight train at around 4:20 a.m. Sunday in the area between Sunrise and Lehman Avenues.

Officers found Sheehan dead by the side of the tracks upon their arrival.

The incident closed down the Napoleon Road and Lehman Avenue crossings for nearly six hours.

According to Lt. Tony Hetrick, the crossings were closed because a new rail crew had to be brought in before the train could be moved again. Because it was Sunday, it took longer than usual to get a replacement crew to the scene, extending the delay.

The incident comes nine days after a junior at the University, Timothy Gregory, 21, of Findlay, Ohio, was struck and killed by another CSX train.

Witnesses reported that Gregory was seen lying across the tracks near Merry Street during the early morning hours of July 6, when he was killed.

The engineer was the same in both incidents, police said.

Douglass Hess, the county coroner, has yet to rule whether or not the deaths were accidental.