Golfers show consistency at Brickyard

The women’s golf team showed consistency in this week’s Brickyard Invitational in Indianapolis, Indiana, shooting a team score of 318 on both days of the tournament.

The tournament was held at the Brickyard Crossing, which is located adjacent to the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Coach Stephanie Young focused heavily on her player’s short game to prepare them for the Brickyard.

“The course is pretty wide-open and the greens are very challenging,” Young said.

Stepping up big for the Falcons was senior Jessica McCann, who shot a two-day score of 151 (74, 77). Her high level of performance over the two-day tourney earned her a tie for sixth place overall in the tournament.

“I felt confident,” McCann said.

I knew what I needed to do to improve my performance after competing in the first tournament of the year, she said.

Hannah Lambert had a very impressive day two, after shooting an 85 on day one. Lambert cut her previous score drastically on the final day of the tournament, shooting her career low, 75.

“My second day I took it hole by hole, and it helped me stay out of my own head,” Lambert said.

Freshman Lauren Glew had another impressive individual performance, tying Lambert with a two day score of 160.

Senior Carly Hrusovsky shot a two-day score of 163 with Amanda Bader and DeOnna Anderson close behind (166, 167 respectively).

The Falcons finished tenth overall in the tournament.

The team has over two weeks to prepare for the Nittany Lion Invitational, held at Penn State.

“Course management and short game is what we’ll continue to focus on,” Young said. “The conference is extremely competitive and we’ve got to give it 110 percent every single day in practice so that we can keep pace and improve our standing.”