Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Join our team
Join the Falcon Media team for Spring semester - paid staff positions, internships, volunteer opportunities. Applications open now until October 13. Get the details!
September 21, 2023

• My Fiction Icks
    By Jay Grummel When you read as much as I do you start to notice common things in fiction that make you annoyed, upset  or even want to put down the book completely. I have a bad habit of not giving books much of a chance when they use some of these personal ‘icks’. However, […]
  • Poetry for Fall
    By Jay Grummel Poetry has a way of connecting us to the external and internal world. In poetry it is easier to feel a season and truly feel a piece due to this. Poetry has a subtle way of making the readers immersed into the world of the poem. With the air getting colder and […]

Everything you’ll need can be found in The BG News

Ready for college classes? All the money you’ll spend on books each semester? Those lovely college loans?

If you’re anything like I was as a freshman, you’re a little unsure about everything. You don’t know much about the other students, how you’ll deal with the pressures ahead or even where to hang out when you’re not in class.

Luckily, The BG News is here to help.

This issue offers information you can’t get anywhere else, such as a quiz to help you determine your ultimate Bowling Green hangouts, recipes you can make in your dorm room and even a handy who’s who of University administrators.

Throughout the school year, we’ll cover the campus closely. We’ll report the news that affects you most – updates to dining halls, proposals by the Undergraduate Student Government and much more.

More than 100 students just like you have worked to get this newspaper in your hands today and will continue to do so five days a week – even through blackouts and blizzards.

So, you ask, why would a bunch of college kids want to spend time in the newsroom when they could be at the bars?

We do it for you. We work late nights to get the news out to the campus and surrounding community.

And campus administrators don’t tell us what to write. That’s your job. The BG News is your newspaper.

We rely on you to tell us what we should cover. We want to know what’s confusing you in your first weeks here, how you feel about the University and how you feel about our coverage. Do you feel you’re being represented in this newspaper? Is there something you think deserves more coverage? Tell us. The BG News is your newspaper. Don’t forget that.

E-mail your thoughts and suggestions to [email protected]. Call me at my desk at 419- 372-6966. Visit us in the newsroom in 210 West Hall. We’d love to hear from you.