Students have options for weekend

Although students have only been back on campus for one week, some will still be going back to their hometowns this weekend to fight

homesickness and visit with friends and family.

For gearheads who can travel north

Students either interested in cars or from the Detroit area may be attending the North American International Auto Show this weekend.

The Auto Show is held at the COBO Conference/Exhibition Center in Detroit, Mich. The admission fee is $12 for adults and $6 for senior citizens and children. The Auto Show is open 9 a.m. until 10 p.m. If you cannot go to Detroit this weekend, the Auto Show will remain there until Sunday, Jan. 21.

For a quick trip up Interstate – 75

There are plenty of things to do in Toledo this weekend. Whether you are going home or would like to visit some interesting attractions, Toledo provides the opportunity to observe both fine arts and traditional art forms.

The Stranahan Theatre is hosting The Phantom of the Opera until Jan. 28. There are still some tickets available for this weekend’s performances and also for those the rest of the month.

Also close by, the Toledo Museum of Art is having a glassblowing demonstration today from 7:30 to 9 p.m. As always, admission to the

museum is free.

Additionally, the Toledo Zoo is offering half price admission during the months of January and February. On the weekends, Cabin Fever Feeds gives visitors the opportunity to feed some of their favorite animals.

For an educational experience that rocks

For those traveling to Cleveland for the holiday weekend, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has free admission and entertainment on Monday. Artists including Stormy Adkins and Fleshco featuring Dr. E will be performing between noon and 4 p.m.

For those staying in Bowling Green

Many students will be staying on campus this weekend. Those students can attend events such as the Women’s Track invite starting at noon tomorrow and Men’s Basketball vs. Akron on Sunday beginning at 2 p.m.