Best & worst fictional roomates

We’ve all had experiences with roommates. Some of them were good, and others not worth mentioning. In college, few things feel more important than picking the right person to share your apartment or dorm with. The following are a couple of the best and worst roommates in recent pop culture. Was your roommate as cool as the cast from “Friends,” or were they straight out of a bad horror movie?

Chandler & Joey, “Friends”

These two twenty-somethings couldn’t be more different. Chandler had trouble with women. Joey always got lucky. Chandler was a logical thinker. Joey thought with his heart… and his stomach. But these two somehow got along. Even better, they were like brothers in everything, from sports, to porn and to pizza.

Sheldon & Leonard, “The Big Bang Theory”

Would you want to live with someone like Sheldon? Didn’t think so. How did Leonard put up with his nitpicking, ridiculous rules and narcissistic behavior? Well, it seemed to work. The two were great friends and co-habitants until season nine, when newlyweds Leonard and Penny moved in together. Let’s just say Sheldon didn’t take it so well.

Sara & Rebecca, “The Roommate” (2011)

Living with a complete stranger your freshman year of college can go one of two ways: you become best friends or become mortal enemies. In this rather forgettable horror flick, the roommate turns out to be both. Rebecca was insane. She killed a cat, blackmailed a professor and stabbed her roommate’s ex-boyfriend. Oh yeah, and she got her roommate’s late sister’s name tattooed on her breast. KNOW WHO YOU SHARE A BATHROOM WITH!

Jess, Schmidt, Nick & Winston, “New Girl”

Three guys, one girl? Interesting. What is even more interesting is how well these dysfunctional roommates get along. Adorkable Jess went from total stranger to likeable guest to vital part of the group. There’s no privacy in their crowded loft, which means everyone knows who slept with whom, who broke up with whom, and who used someone else’s toothbrush. Let’s just assume it wasn’t Schmidt.

Vince, Johnny, Eric & Turtle, “Entourage”

Imagine you’re a rising Hollywood star, and you invite your best friends from back home to live with you in a rented mansion. Sounds like the life! The foursome enjoyed women, weed and Ferraris. But it wasn’t all fun and games. Luckily, Vince had a gang of buddies who helped him navigate the perils of fame, enjoying the ride along the way

Annie, Gil & Brynn, “Bridesmaids” (2011)

Poor Kristen Wiig. Her unlucky character in this now-iconic comedy couldn’t catch a break, and it all started at home. She lived with an obnoxious brother-sister duo who committed several roommate crimes. Reading Annie’s diary. Trying on her clothes. Not paying rent. Eventually, the two decided to kick her out, forcing Annie to move in with her mom. But that was probably a win for her.