From Hollywood to Bowling Green

This summer was a good time for entertainment.

I saw “Inception” — one of the sickest movies I have seen in a long time. (Seriously, if you haven’t seen it yet, make your way to the closest theater. Now.)

Lindsay Lohan went to jail. Although it was only for a brief time, the scandal was something that kept me glued to the screen as she rolled her eyes in the courtroom with “F*ck U” painted on her middle fingernail.

And my favorite woman in the entire world, Britney Spears, became the queen of Twitter, surpassing Ashton Kutcher, and now has the most followers of any other account on the social network.

As you can clearly see, I am an entertainment junkie. I love reading a good story about a celebrity. It’s really what I consider fun in my life, as lame as that makes me sound.

The Pulse is perfect for anyone like me. In this section of The BG News (look for it in the middle of the paper every Friday), we are here solely for your entertainment. In life, there needs to be an outlet for pleasure and fun — this is that place.

The best part about me being a fanatic about entertainment is that you don’t have to be; I’ll be placing everything that is newsworthy in The Pulse, so you don’t have to go searching for anything.

What to expect? Well, that’s simple. If it’s light-hearted and fun and doesn’t involve a ball or team of some sort, you can find it in this section.

And an article doesn’t have to have a huge celebrity name in the headline in order for it to be entertaining. If it puts a smile on your face, or just simply brightens up your day in some way, it’s fulfilling the goal of the Pulse section.

Over the course of the school year, The Pulse will be here as your guide to help you along the way when it comes to entertainment. Reviews of just-released albums or movies will steer you in the right direction when it comes to spending your money. Profiles on bands will allow you to catch a good show in downtown Bowling Green when it comes to you looking for something to do this weekend.

But I must say, my main goal for the Pulse is for everyone who attends this University to feel at home and represented. I have big plans to making the voices of everyone heard no matter their skin color, age, religion or sexual orientation. I would like this to be the ‘pulse’ of the students. This is not my section. It is yours. I’m just the one that will be staying up late working on it.

So, what else is there to say? Greek organizations: I have my eyes on you for a profile piece. Get ready for me.

And you can bet money we are going to cover the many cool things to be released this fall. I, in case anyone was wondering, cannot wait until Rock Band 3 comes out. A few of my friends and I have made a habit of actually declining invitations to go out and be social just because we want to play that game.

And anyone else totally geared up for Kanye’s return to the spotlight with his album? I can’t be the only one.

And you guys have to stay tuned for when our live reviews of Lady Gaga’s Monster Ball tour come in. (It’s the biggest show of the year, but is it worth the pretty penny the ticket costs?)

So, without further ado, to the freshmen who are excited for their first year here at the University, I welcome you, and invite you to say hello if you see me on campus (I’m at Starbucks a lot!)

And, because the Pulse is only on Fridays, we have a Facebook fan page and a Twitter account for the Pulse. Consider it my gift to you for the other six days of the week. Follow it at @ThePulseBGNews or become a fan of The Pulse / The BG News.

What an awesome year it is going to be for entertainment.