Welcome to the Stroh

Construction on the Stroh Center is far ahead of schedule, with the building expected to be completely enclosed by August 2010, according to project manager Michael A. Schuessler.

“We’re months ahead of schedule thanks to contractors working together,” Schuessler said.

All contractors working on the project are local and have worked with the University before, said Jim Elsasser, Associate Athletics Director for Internal Affairs.

According to Elsasser the new arena was designed to have the feel of Anderson Arena, but with a more interactive experience for its visitors.

“What we really looked for was a 360 degree experience,” Elsasser said.

The arena will feature a 20 x 10 foot video board with a 10 millimeter display, the highest standard currently available.

About 180 of what Elsasser called “Jack Nicholson Seats,” after the actor’s constant presence at Los Angeles Lakers games, will also be available on the court floor for athletic events.

Facts

4,770: Amount of seats the floor plan maps out, approximately the same amount of

seats in Anderson Arena.

14 million dollars was the goal for fundraising the Stroh. The total reached was $14,035,436.

50: The student fee to pay for the debt service on the Stroh Center will be

approximately $50 per semester.

36 million is the total cost of the Stroh Center. It will be funded through a combination of debt service and private gift support. $22 million will be borrowed for the project in addition to the $14,035,436 raised.