5 recommendations from a columnist’s trip to Los Angeles

Over spring break I had the opportunity to visit a city that I had been longing to see since I was a kid. Here is list of some of the things I did and would recommend to anyone traveling to L.A.

Griffith Observatory

[[inline_image_identifier 8e962b9bfcf2db6f38d7408b5672248e.jpg]]

The Griffith Observatory is one of the most popular attractions in L.A. Located just south of the Hollywood sign, this attraction is one of the best vantage points of the famous Hollywood Sign and the “City of Angels.” The observatory is free and has a planetarium, an exhibition space and a functioning Tesla coil.

Rodeo Drive

[[inline_image_identifier 3b9e17ba2e51ba5b2a862b8bdd4359fb.jpg]]

Located in the heart of Beverly Hills is Rodeo Drive. It’s one of the most famous streets in the world, known for renowned stores and hotels. The drive is filled with well-known brands such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Balenciaga and more. Although it is free to walk around, be prepared to spend serious money if you plan on shopping here.

Urban Lights

[[inline_image_identifier 9279145eb071db9059286da42bf83bcc.jpg]]

One of the most popular public art pieces is located right outside of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. This piece of art was installed 11 years ago and has been a symbol for the city of Los Angeles ever since.

Hollywood Walk of Fame

[[inline_image_identifier 0930a2e110bf218e14093613904b1178.jpg]]

Michael Jackson, Mickey Mouse and Bruce Lee all have one thing in common: a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Stretching throughout Vine Street and Hollywood Boulevard, the Walk of Fame is an internationally recognized Hollywood icon and another main attraction. While walking through, you may stumble across multiple places such as Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum, Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum, Guinness World Record museum and more.

Venice Beach

[[inline_image_identifier 6176538a63ee5f3e5e94d9c97f6dbf2a.jpg]]

After exploring all of the previous attractions, spend a day in Venice. It has a little something for everybody. You can add some graffiti to the graffiti wall, skateboard in the skatepark or pump some iron at Muscle Beach. Right outside of the beach you can explore the Venice Canals Historic District, modeled after the canals in Venice, Italy.