Columnist stresses the importance of enjoying the nice weather

It finally hit the 60-degree mark in Bowling Green and personally, I couldn’t be happier! The seasonal depression is gradually fading, and the happiness summer brings is among us.

Over the past two weeks, I’ve been quite busy to the point where I rarely saw my friends during the day, and I would leave home around 9 a.m. and not be home until roughly 11 p.m.

Alongside being away from home, I’ve had assignments galore due in the past two weeks without any time to take a breather. It’s hard as a student to have a life outside of school with work, a social life or, in my case, having to read a novel or write for the paper.

As the warm weather approaches, though, so does the end of the semester. It’s crazy the end of the semester is six weeks out, and it’ll be summer.

Summer means being away from the hecticness of school, maybe going on a road trip with friends or a spectacular vacation at the beach. But summer is also a time where there is work and the annoyance of adulthood knocking at our doors. Whatever summer means for you, there’s one thing I’d like to say: go outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Since I was little, the one thing I was consistently taught was to appreciate the life I was given and always enjoy the world around me for it could be swiftly taken away. Personally, I try to keep this in mind as I go through the days. This is a piece of advice I can offer for anyone. To say it again, go outside and enjoy the spring sunshine.

No, jumping right back into the game following spring break isn’t easy, even for me since I was spending time with friends in North Carolina. But, something I realized over the past weeks is how I need to live my life, despite all the stressors. I was at the beach; I was able to feel the coldness of the Atlantic and enjoy the small, joyful moments of beauty in this life.

Or going to Grounds for Thought and Lola’s with some of my best friends. Then sitting outside in the sun and taking time to read, journal and also write — it’s the beautiful moments like these that get me through the days.

Anne Frank said, “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.”

It’s a very earnest and lovely quote that makes you think about how precious yet temporary life is and how significant it is to appreciate the beauty in it.

With six weeks left in the semester and completing my first year of college, I want to continue to find the small slivers of the beauty in life.

Though I know the busyness and the consistency of life won’t hold up with the 100 million things in life, take one day to go out and enjoy the sunshine. Seek the beauty around you and remember — it’s the little, delightful moments that make life so worthy.