Check out these local options for a V-Day date

With Valentine’s Day on Thursday, students might be looking for date night plans. Bowling Green may not be the first city that comes to mind when one thinks of a romantic night on the town, but people can find several date spots within walking distance of campus — other than bars — to visit on Thursday.

[[inline_image_identifier b7c131b7a893cffae6466d4945768fbb.jpg]]

BG Beer Works

322 N. Grove St.

Valentine’s Day hours: 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.  

If someone is looking for a happy medium between going out to the bars on Thursday and treating a loved one to a romantic date, then the city’s self-proclaimed “beer whisperers” might be the perfect date. The sheer number of local and imported beer sets BG Beer Works apart from the average bar.

[[inline_image_identifier 7d63bdf3fb7599beb5d2052bfd78314c.png]]

Call of the Canyon Cafe

109 N. Main St.

Valentine’s Day hours: 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.

This small, aromatic cafe is a local option for a romantic Valentine’s Day brunch or dinner. Most everything is handmade, so couples don’t have to worry if they aren’t skilled enough to make their boo breakfast-in-bed.

[[inline_image_identifier 3d2bd32c0d58749403ce7e423abc1e88.jpg]]

Campus Pollyeyes

440 E. Court St.

Valentine’s Day hours: 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

If couples are short on time on Thursday, then they can get this Bowling Green classic delivered straight to their dorm or apartment. Pollyeyes also has seating inside but they recommend calling ahead. The restaurant doesn’t take reservations but will probably be packed.

[[inline_image_identifier fc49c349bf04fa693d5652c1c4aa9321.jpg]]

The Stones Throw Tavern & Grill

176 E. Wooster St.

Valentine’s Day hours: 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.

The Stones Throw is more of a sit-down restaurant, making it a popular choice for date nights. That being said, it’s best to call ahead and make reservations. There are already 25 reservations made for tomorrow, which is typically a busy day for the restaurant, since it hosts trivia night each Thursday.

[[inline_image_identifier e0364f5098c4813d80412020296ef467.jpg]]

D.P. Dough

1616 E. Wooster St. #8

Valentine’s Day hours: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.

Pizza is a college classic, and D.P. Dough is close to many students’ hearts. What better way to for Falcon Flames to show their love for each other than through stuffed dough?