Where to find help on campus

Abby Shifley and Abby Shifley

BGSU has a number of on-campus services for students, ranging from academic coaching, to medical assistance. Here are brief descriptions of some of these services, along with contact information.

Incident Report Form

The Incident Report Form can be found on the Office of the Dean of Students’ website under the “See It. Hear It. Report It.” box at the bottom of the page. The form can be used to report violations of the student code of conduct, sexual assault or harassment or any type of concerning behavior.

Counseling Center

The Counseling Center offers services to any BGSU student at no additional cost. Students’ counseling records are confidential and kept separately from educational records. Due to COVID-19, their services are being offered via telehealth. Students can call in Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The center also has an on-call counselor for crisis situations Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Phone: (419) 372-2081

Falcon Health Center

The Falcon Health Center offers medical services to BGSU students and the Bowling Green community. Individuals who wish to request an appointment can call the center or create a MyFalconHealth account and use the portal. The center is open Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

They also offer COVID-19 testing, which can be scheduled in person or via telehealth. Further instructions will be provided after the appointment is made.

Location: 838 E Wooster Street

Phone:(419) 372-2271

Career Center

The Career Center can help students develop resumes and cover letters, prepare for interviews and search for internships. Due to COVID-19, in-person appointments are limited. Students can schedule an appointment by logging into their BGSU Handshake account, accessed through the Career Center box on the MyBGSU homepage.

Location: 225 Bowen-Thompson Student Union

Phone: (419) 372-2356

BGSU Police Department

The Bowling Green Police Department operates 24 hours a day with a staff of fully certified police officers. 

Location: 100 College Park Office Building

Emergency services: 9-1-1

Non-emergency services: (419) 372-2346

Student Legal Services

Student Legal Services is a non-profit law office that offers legal services to BGSU students. To use the law office, students have to have paid their $9 participation fee.

Location: 14 College Park Office Building

Phone: (419) 372-2951

Learning Commons

The Learning Commons offers tutoring services to students, including help with math and statistics, writing, as well as general study skills. Their spring hours are Sundays 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Monday to Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Fridays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Location: Jerome Library

Phone: (419) 372-2823

Office of Residence Life

Students can fill out maintenance requests, report insects or research learning communities on the Office of Residence Life’s website.

Location: 470 Math Science Building

Phone: (419) 372-2011

LGBTQ+ Resource Center

The LGBTQ+ Resource Center has a variety of programs for BGSU’s LGBTQ+ Community, including the Big Gay Welcome event, Lavender Graduation and a support group called Out(?) Falcons. Due to COVID-19, they are open Mondays and Wednesdays 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Location: 427 Bowen Thompson Student Union

Phone: (419) 372-2642

International Student Services

International students can find information on employment, scholarships, immigration and tax filing through International Student Services. Due to COVID-19, all of their services are online.

Phone: (419) 372-2247

Center for Women and Gender Equity

The Center for Women and Gender Equity offers programs with the goal of promoting equity for all gender identities. The center’s website also contains a variety of information on violence prevention and feminist organizations.

Location: Hayes Hall

Phone: (419) 372-7227

Wellness Connection

Students can find help with maintaining a healthy lifestyle through the Wellness Connection. Some resources include free HIV testing, sexual health education, alcohol education, the Student Recreation Center, information on nutrition and more.

Location: 214 Student Recreation Center

Phone: (419) 372-9355

Food Pantries

There are a variety of programs on campus that target students who might not be able to afford — or don’t have access to — food with enough nutritional value or food that doesn’t qualify for the student’s specific dietary needs.

BGSU has a number of resources for these students, including the Falcon Care Program, the Grab-N-Go Food Bag Program, the Community Garden, Food for Thought’s monthly mobile food pantry, as well as multiple local food pantries.

To learn more about these programs, visit the Center for Public Impact’s website (formerly the Center for Civic and Community Engagement) or contact the center at its office or by phone.

Location: 100 University Hall

Phone: (419) 372-9865