What to listen to this month: Music in February

Listen to this Month – Graphic by Brionna Scebbi

With another month comes another few weeks of music releases. Without further ado, here are some albums to look forward to for February:

February 5

Feb. 5 marks the long-awaited return of the Foo Fighters in LP form. Having not released a full album since 2017’s “Concrete and Gold,” fans will be in for a treat to see what Dave Grohl and company come up with this time around. Fans of Slowthai will also have something to look forward to, as the British MC looks to release an album on the day as well. Feb. 5 will also serve as the home for releases by John Carpenter and The Weather Station.

February 12

Feb. 12 is a big day for country fans as it marks the return of country superstars Florida Georgia Line, but it also marks the return of alternative collective Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Feb. 12 also will see releases from Sports and Django Django.

February 19

While not the biggest release day February has to offer in terms of quantity, the 19th should produce some quality bangers. Notably, releases from Julia Stone, The Fall, Mogwai and The Hold Steady should do the trick.

February 26

Arguably the most anticipated of the February releases, Julien Baker is gearing up to release a new album on Feb. 26. It will be interesting to see what she does with that, just as it will be interesting to see what Alice Cooper does with his first LP in years as well. Cloud Nothings is also set for release, as well as a Willie Nelson album of Frank Sinatra covers. Wowza.