Alien Ant Farm to perform at local bar

Alien Ant Farm
Alien Ant Farm

On Sunday, Sept. 18, Howard’s Club H in downtown Bowling Green will welcome alternative rock band Alien Ant Farm. Formed in 1996 in Riverside, California, the band has since gone through the loss of two of its members, according to the band’s official website www.alienantfarm.com.

The band is perhaps best known for its 2001 breakout hit cover of Michael Jackson’s “Smooth Criminal” from their album “ANThology” which peaked at #11 on the Billboard Hot 200 and gave the band their first platinum award, according to the Recording Industry Association of America.

The band has toured throughout the country; their latest stop is downtown local hot spot Howard’s. The venue is accustomed to concerts that, according to Howard’s manager Shane Little, “usually pack the house.” While this is the first time Alien Ant Farm has performed in Bowling Green, expectations are high. Howard’s is anticipating a large crowd turnout for the band, Little said “people from all over Northwest Ohio and Michigan have been purchasing tickets.”

Sophomore Krista Pomeroy has been “waiting for years for the chance to see the band,” and while initially she wasn’t the biggest fan, it was her dad who got her hooked on the band’s sound.

Fellow University student, junior Amanda Revell, isn’t too familiar with the band but said her boyfriend “loves them, and really wants me to go with him.” The tickets do seem to be a hot item for this weekend, as according to Howard’s manager only a handful of tickets are left for purchase.

To find out more about Alien Ant Farm, visit their official website www.alienantfarm.com where those who are curious can listen to their music, watch their videos and catch up on all the latest on the band.

Doors open at 6 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 18. Tickets are priced at $12 dollars in advance, and $15 dollars at the door.