Warren calls out Trump for what he is

On Monday afternoon, Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) graced social media with a barrage of anti-Trump rhetoric.

Warren humorously turned one of Trump’s favorite insults against him, writing, “Let’s be honest — Donald Trump is a loser” in a Facebook post.

As many of you are probably aware, a “loser” (n.) is any and everybody who disagrees with Donald Trump, and/or a person who is reduced to utter incompetence by his or her inability to further Donald Trump’s brand and overall value.

Note: if you are interested in successfully adopting this term into your own vocabulary, repetition is key.

To support her claim, Warren cites Trump’s failed businesses, the scam that is known as Trump University and multiple corporate bankruptcies that Trump has exploited in order to evade debt. Even still, much of Trump’s appeal to certain individuals seems to be the fact that he is perceived to be a successful businessman.

In the Facebook post, Warren goes on to caution that Trump is a force to be reckoned with: “Many of history’s worst authoritarians started out as losers — and Trump is a serious threat.” Warren’s ultimate end goal, and her petition to voters, is to ensure that Trump ends his campaign for the White House in the same way that he started it – as a loser.

While “loser” is too feeble of a word for my liking, Warren is absolutely correct in her admonition that a Donald Trump presidency gravely threatens the prosperity of the United States. In fact, The Economist maintains that his presidency would threaten not only the U.S. economy, but the global fiscal climate as well.

A leading global forecasting service ranks a Trump presidency at number six on a list of major threats, nestled nicely between the full-blown collapse of the Chinese market and another Cold War between Russia and the Western Bloc.

Now, everyone may collectively heave a sigh of relief because these same analysts don’t actually anticipate Trump winning the election and taking the White House by storm this November.

However, if he did, the economists believe that the combination of his utter lack of detailed policies or plans of action, racist slanders, and his aggressive stance opposing free trade incite a high risk to global and economic stability.

Economist Barry Bosworth, senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, sums up the potential risk quite nicely. He believes that a Trump presidency would be a “cataclysmic global event with enormous implications for other countries.”

If nothing else, let this be a plea to exercise your right to vote in the upcoming election in November, because Trump’s supporters surely will. Perhaps your Democratic candidate of choice will not clench the nomination, but let’s not forget Trump’s claim that he “could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and [he] wouldn’t lose voters.”

I don’t know what’s scarier – the fact that that statement might be accurate or the fact that this “loser” and potential Leader of the Free World has been ranked as the 6th-most major threat to our global security.

Respond to Deanna at