Explore the city, take pride

Explore the City of BG!

Dear First Year Falcons,

As Mayor of Bowling Green, it is my privilege to give you a heartfelt welcome to our community. We are delighted that you have selected Bowling Green State University for your studies and hope that you enjoy your years in Bowling Green.

Bowling Green takes pride in being a traditional American college town. I hope that you will take time to explore your new community and take advantage of the many opportunities offered here including our beautiful parks, great restaurants and unique shopping opportunities. Bowling Green has something for everyone!

The City of Bowling Green provides many services. Twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week, our top-notch police, fire and ambulance services are set to respond should an emergency arise. In a role more behind the scenes, the City provides reliable utility services including electricity and water. There are other services available to assist you and I encourage you to contact the City should you need anything. Now that you live here in Bowling Green, please know that you are considered residents of our community. With all of our residents, whether they are pursuing an education at BGSU, or working full time and raising a family, we encourage civic and community pride.

I wish you all the best as you begin this exciting new chapter in your lives. I encourage you to study hard and embrace the many opportunities available to you at BGSU and in the Bowling Green community.

For more City and community information, visit the City’s website at www.bgohio.org. The City releases a weekly eNews which contains ways in which you can become involved in city government, special events and other helpful information. The eNews sign-up is located on the City’s homepage. You can also follow us on Twitter (@cityofbg) or like our Facebook page!

All the best, and Falcon Proud!

Richard A. Edwards

Mayor