Daily Horoscope

By Linda C. Black Tribune Media Services Today’s Birthday (April 9). Don’t let difficulties bog you down this year. Don’t let them make you sad or mad. Expect them, and anticipate them ahead of time. Look forward to the challenges. To get the advantage, check the day’s rating: 10 is the easiest day, 0 the most challenging. Aries (March 21-April 19) _ Today is a 7 _ Don’t get too pushy, even if you know you’re right. A little bit of compassion gets your point across more effectively. Taurus (April 20-May 20) _ Today is a 7 _ Don’t let yourself be bullied into doing something that you think may not work. You’re more practical than someone who outranks you. Gemini (May 21-June 21) _ Today is a 6 _ Are you looking for a promotion or raise? The opportunity could be close at hand. Turn down an outing with friends in favor of a business connection. Cancer (June 22-July 22) _ Today is a 7 _ Propose a moneymaking scheme to a person who’s worried about profits. If it’ll work, you’ll be a primary beneficiary. Leo (July 23-Aug. 22) _ Today is a 7 _ Expect the unexpected while on the job. Double-check all orders before carrying them out. If you stay calm when others don’t, you could wind up in charge. Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22) _ Today is a 7 _ Things are changing quickly, so stay alert. It’s also a good idea to have a few friends helping out. Let them know what you need. Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22) _ Today is a 6 _ You may have to practice your deep breathing in order to keep a lid on your temper. Your nerves may be a tad on edge. Don’t blame the others for it. They’re nervous, too. Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21) _ Today is a 7 _ Others are anxious to take action, but you’re not in any rush. You can afford to wait. You’re getting stronger in the process. Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21) _ Today is a 6 _ Everybody knows how generous you are, but you can’t afford to do it all. Give freely of your good cheer and advice, but let others pay their own way. Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19) _ Today is a 7 _ Defending your home and family is a top priority. That’s why you work so hard _ so that they can have it better. It’s OK to let them know that. Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18) _ Today is a 7 _ The money should start coming in soon, but other problems arise. A method you thought would work might not, so proceed with caution. Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20) _ Today is a 7 _ What do you think is more effective _ being pushy, or being passive? For now, you’ll attract more bees using honey. ___ ‘copy 2003, TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES INC. Distributed by Knight Ridder/Tribune Information Services.