Horoscopes

Horoscopes for Friday, Feb. 7.

Today’s Birthday (Feb. 7)

What you’re learning seems to fly in the face of tradition. Should you toss out the old and embrace the new? Not necessarily. You’ll be ahead when you’ve found a way to use both. That’s where your imagination comes in.

To get the advantage, check the day’s rating: 10 is the easiest day, 0 the most challenging.

Aries (March 21-April 19)

Today is an 8. You’re generous to a fault, but don’t be silly. Your friends know you love them, so it’s unnecessary to buy them everything they want. Let the thought suffice.

Taurus (April 20-May 20)

Today is a 6. The pressure you’ve been under could lead you to finally take action on something you’ve been worried about. So, you see, pressure can be a good thing.

Gemini (May 21-June 21)

Today is an 8. A long conversation starts paying off when you stop talking and start pondering. How will you make all these fantasies come true? Planning, then action.

Cancer (June 22-July 22)

Today is a 6. New challenges lead to new rewards and also to new friends. Your sphere of influence is widening. Start by being a good listener.

Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)

Today is a 9. The adrenaline rush you’ve been on is beginning to fade. You’re putting on a good show, but you’ll be ready to relax by tomorrow. Don’t overexert yourself.

Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)

Today is a 6. It’s been a rather hectic week, exciting but exhausting. A romantic outing this weekend is good, but don’t forget one last chore.

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)

Today is an 8. Somebody would like to tell you what to do. This isn’t necessarily bad. Listen attentively and, if they’re right, do it.

Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)

Today is a 6. You can put up with a lot more than most people, but should you have to? Heck no! Mention your problem to somebody who can do something about it.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)

Today is an 8. You’ve come up with the good ideas, now get to work. Talk is easy. Get busy, and your rewards will be great — eventually.

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)

Today is a 6. You should be just about done with your household repairs. Wrap them up so that you can entertain and relax in luxury.

Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)

Today is a 7. You can pretty much coast through most of the day on the momentum you’ve built up. Steer your vessel into a snug harbor tonight. Make it easier on yourself.

Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20)

Today is a 6. Finish negotiations on a deal that’s under way, and plan to take it easy tonight. A get-together with friends will be fun late Sunday.

Week of Feb. 10

Aries (March 21-April 20)

Relations with co-workers and minor business tensions are accented this week. Pay attention to small disagreements or misplaced facts. Before midweek, colleagues will be sensitive to criticism. Avoid new suggestions. After Thursday, romantic intrigue is on the rise. Expect potential lovers to ask for detailed descriptions of private hopes or long-term loyalties. Go slow. Although passions are high, new friends and loved ones may need reassurance.

Taurus (April 21-May 20)

Withheld opinions or social doubts will be openly discussed. Over the next few days, expect old friends to admit to deep feelings of isolation or social jealousy. Little of this can be avoided. Watch for past events, conversations or promises to be strong public concerns. After midweek, ask loved ones for detailed time schedules. Group activities and home celebrations may require extra planning. Sensitivities may be high. Listen to the needs of friends and relatives.

Gemini (May 21-June 21)

Previously denied attractions are key themes over the next few days. Watch for past events, canceled invitations or newly rekindled flirtations to be compelling. Some Geminis may also experience unusual announcements from close friends or relatives. If so, expect social and romantic history to be major concerns. After Friday, evaluate recent financial strategies. New expenses or fast debts will be complex and annoying over the next 11 days.

Cancer (June 22-July 22)

Home and social schedules may be ongoing concerns before midweek. Expect loved ones to ask for solid daily commitments or quickly revised plans. A recent period of emotional isolation will fade. Expect close friends or lovers to no longer hide their romantic needs or social excitement. After Thursday, avoid overspending. For the next two to three days, forgotten bills or late payments may be bothersome. Stay focused on long-term strategies and all will be well.

Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)

Business plans may temporarily need to change. Over the next few days, watch for unusual financial announcements or new workplace schedules. Some Leos may be asked to adopt extra tasks or money responsibilities. If so, expect complex negotiations and unclear instructions. Work officials may make heavy demands but provide only limited guidance. Don’t lose faith. Workplace leadership and job relations will return to normal early next week.

Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)

Over the next few days, lovers and close friends may reveal deeply private information. Family disputes or past social history may be key concerns. Watch for subtle moments of tension to lead to detailed and emotional discussions. Some Virgos, especially those born after Sept. 15, may also encounter a rare home proposal or romantic invitation. If so, expect added social information and fast family decisions before the end of next week.

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 23)

Close friends or work mates will offer accurate romantic advice over the next few days. Recent group events may be the prime focus of social discussions. Expect others to provide subtle insights or added information. After Wednesday revised messages and late invitations are compelling. Expect romantic complications to deepen before next week. Fast revisions to group plans may be necessary. Respond quickly to new emotional facts and social details.

Scorpio (Oct. 24-Nov. 21)

Long-distance messages or announcements from old friends are on the agenda this week. Early Tuesday, watch for unexpected invitations or social facts. Friends and lovers may wish to clearly state their emotional goals or short-term plans. Some Scorpios, especially those born late in October, may also encounter a rare flirtation or new workplace attraction. If so, remain cautious. Before the end of February, social and romantic triangles will not be easily resolved.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)

Public comments and social criticism are mildly annoying this week. Over the next four days, expect friends or work mates to boldly offer uninformed opinions. Try your best to avoid controversy. Unrealistic business and social suggestions require special diplomacy. After midweek, creative problem-solving will be extremely helpful in ongoing family disputes. Gently ask loved ones to fully participate in home or financial decisions. All is well.

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 20)

Social invitations may lead to surprising business opportunities. Late Tuesday, respond quickly to changed schedules and fresh workplace introductions. Over the next three days, many Capricorns will resolve past disappointments or adopt new ambitions. Use this time to foster better work relations or research valuable job openings. After Friday, intimate discussions with loved ones are productive. Expect friends and lovers to no longer avoid serious questions.

Aquarius (Jan. 21-Feb. 19)

Yesterday’s relationships may be on your mind over the next few days. Before midweek, watch for a delightful wave of nostalgia or intuitive reflection to arrive. For some Aquarians this may actually mark the beginning of a revised social and romantic outlook. Use this time to let unproductive feelings or outdated expectations fade. Emotional intimacy and subtle invitations will be ongoing themes. Start preparing; there’s much to consider.

Pisces (Feb. 20-March 20)

Old memories have a strong appeal. After Tuesday, expect the comments, requests or romantic gestures of loved ones to trigger deep feelings. Intense emotions are an indication of meaningful inner progress. Expect self-reflection to be followed by a powerful wave of romantic confidence. Many Pisceans will dramatically change their social or home obligations. Listen to all sudden insights or intuitive flashes. Your private instincts are accurate.

By Linda C. Black from Tribune Media Services.