Fifth Third bank finds new home

Getting to the bank got a lot easier for Fifth Third members living on the south side of town as the bank opened a new branch at 275 South Main Street this week.

The new 7,100 square foot facility, which opened Monday morning, is a welcome site for many living on the south side.

“I’ve been waiting a year for this. I live right around the corner, but they’re all [Fifth Thirds] on the other side of town,” junior finance major Tiffany Brown said.

Local resident Damian Stout agrees with Brown.

“I live on the same side of town. I never complained about having to go to the north side, but it’s nice they could branch out,” Stout said.

Fifth Third’s City Executive Karen Seeliger said the decision to open a building on the south side of town stemmed from the fact there was no Fifth Third in that area.

“We had two within a few blocks of each other on the North side, and with the new branch we are better able to serve our customers,” Seeliger said, “we are doing very well in Bowling Green.”

Bruce K. Lee, President and CEO of Fifth Third bank in Northwest Ohio said, “Our downtown banking center will enable us to better serve our Bowling Green customers, especially the business community.”

Seeliger also said that the new facility provides enough space to house the bank’s different divisions in the same building.

“Now we can have all our business partners under one roof. Before we didn’t have the room to do that,” Seeliger said.

The different divisions include a full service banking center, executive offices, conference rooms, a 24-hour drive up ATM and others.

Seeliger said that Bowling Green’s Fifth Third’s see many college students, and attributes this to the fact that the bank has many locations throughout the state and in Michigan, which allows students to use their home accounts while at school.

“We see a lot of students, and the reason is we’re located throughout the state and in Michigan,” Seeliger said.

Fifth Third has locations in Toledo, Findlay, Tiffin, Fostoria, Fremont and Sandusky, as well as in Lambertville and Monroe, Michigan.

The south side Fifth Third is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday.