Women’s cross country races home this weekend

The Lady Falcons’ cross country team has one last chance to make a statement this weekend at the Falcon Invitational. This meet, which will be held Saturday morning, is the last one before the MAC Championships.

After placing fifth at the All-Ohio Championships, the team is looking for a win on their home course. To accomplish this they will have to defeat teams from Cleveland State, Central Michigan, Youngstown State, Western Ontario and John Carroll.

Last week’s solid team performance gave the runners a boost of confidence.

“They are looking forward to racing at home and excited about what they can do as a team after last week’s meet,” BG head coach Cami Well said.

Along with the two team goals of winning the meet and keeping the top eight runners as close together as possible, the women would all like to end their regular season with a personal best time.

“They all want to run personal best times which I believe is very achievable as long as the weather holds out and we don’t get too much of that famous BG wind,” coach Wells said.

Sophomore Kim Settle is confident in the team’s ability to finish within 25-30 seconds of each other.

“We all know that we are capable of being up there with each other, together as a pack,” Settle said. “Hopefully this meet will give us a good chance to see how close we can be together as a team and to see what we can do out there for the MAC Championship meet.”

The Falcons have been constantly improving throughout the season, and are looking to peak in the next few weeks. The course this weekend is the same one used at the Mel Brondt Invitational held earlier in the season where the team posted their lowest times.

“We want to have a good strong race out of every runner out there-no regrets,” Wells said.

The starting line of this race is located on the 14th hole of Forrest Creason Golf Course. The men’s race begins at 9:45 on Saturday morning, and the women take off at 10:30.