Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Join our team
Join the Falcon Media team for Spring semester - paid staff positions, internships, volunteer opportunities. Applications open now until October 13. Get the details!
September 21, 2023

• Poetry for Fall
    By Jay Grummel Poetry has a way of connecting us to the external and internal world. In poetry it is easier to feel a season and truly feel a piece due to this. Poetry has a subtle way of making the readers immersed into the world of the poem. With the air getting colder and […]
  • A Theatrical Rivalry with Love and Despair
    By Jay Grummel If We Were Villains has a way of making the horrifics acts of rivals and the blurry line of morals poetic. At first glance I didn’t think I’d enjoy this book as much as I did, especially with the amount of times it quoted Shakespeare. However, after diving into this dark academic […]

Silent disco hosted at Stroh Center, headphones given to listen to DJ’s music

Students who attended the Headphone Disco at the Stroh Center on Thursday night danced to their own beat.

The Stroh center hosted the event which consisted of two battling disc jockey’s who played through two channels on everyone’s headphones.

People could switch between the two DJs by clicking a switch on the headphones provided, making them unaware of what the person across from them was listening and dancing to. The DJs were able to gauge how many people were listening to their channel by talking into a microphone which went through their music. People were randomly dancing and twerking in silence, but once immersed in the music the students could hardly help themselves from dancing.

Sophomore Eden Scharer said she was excited for the event, in particular, because it differed so much from other events at the Stroh.

“We get to participate here instead of all other Stroh events,” Sharer said.

Rather than watching a sporting event or a concert, everyone was able to be apart of the occasion.

Sales and Event Coordinator Lindsay Laurent said the silent disco was unique and provided students with an alternative to going downtown.

“Our goal is to provide students with a variety of programming options in the building,” Laurent said. “It was in order to appeal to a wider range of audience.”

The music included Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Pitbull and many more ranging across the genre scale. The event was hosted to coincide with Family Weekend since most students were expected to stay on campus. At the disco, six prizes were raffled off including two tickets to Florida-Georgia Line, two movie passes and gift certificates to Pear Tree Salon and Dave’s Cosmic Subs. Everyone who bought a ticket also received a t-shirt.

Sophomore Mic Welden said she was excited to dance with her sorority sisters and “have a great old time.”

DJ and Event Manager Vito Corleone said he is proud of this event because it is unique and differs strongly from any type of party. Although the party atmosphere was still prevalent, people weren’t listening to blaring music from speakers.

“People have control of what they listen to,” Corleone said. “It’s going to be wicked.”

Instead of having to listen to one set station they would have no power over, people could pick between the two DJs and ultimately control what type of music they listened to.

The Stroh sold more than 100 tickets and expect to have even more students to show up next year. For more information visit headphonedisco.com