Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Join our team
Join the Falcon Media team for Spring semester - paid staff positions, internships, volunteer opportunities. Applications open now until October 13. Get the details!
September 21, 2023

• Poetry for Fall
    By Jay Grummel Poetry has a way of connecting us to the external and internal world. In poetry it is easier to feel a season and truly feel a piece due to this. Poetry has a subtle way of making the readers immersed into the world of the poem. With the air getting colder and […]
  • A Theatrical Rivalry with Love and Despair
    By Jay Grummel If We Were Villains has a way of making the horrifics acts of rivals and the blurry line of morals poetic. At first glance I didn’t think I’d enjoy this book as much as I did, especially with the amount of times it quoted Shakespeare. However, after diving into this dark academic […]

Healthy tips to help prepare for exam week

One of the most crucial times in a college student’s life is exam week.

Subject area tutors host regular hours in the Learning Commons and are free to all University students. Drop-in tutoring is available for various other subjects at specific times.

University senior Jordan Kilpatrick works as the Research and Information desk assistant. She has seen many students come to the library in need of help on research papers and more.

Her personal list of 5 tips to help prepare for exam week are:

Study in pieces— “Cramming is not good. I personally like to make flashcards beforehand because they are so easy to use and portable. I can take them with me and study on my way to class or work.”

Repeat — “I am a visual person so I like to write and re-write things.”

Sleep— “If you get a good night’s sleep beforehand, you can get up early and not have to rush to your exam. Maybe you can even have enough time to skim over notes on your way there.”

Eat— “Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day. I always seem to concentrate better when I’ve eaten breakfast.”

Attend office hours— “Teachers love office hours. It also helps you understand their values when it comes time to write essay questions.”

“One of the most important things to remember during a test is to take your time but prioritize,” said University senior Nicole Croft. “Finish the answers you know right away first, and work diligently on the others after. If you continue this method, you should be successful.”