Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Join our team
Join the Falcon Media team for Spring semester - paid staff positions, internships, volunteer opportunities. Applications open now until October 13. Get the details!
September 21, 2023

• A Theatrical Rivalry with Love and Despair
    By Jay Grummel If We Were Villains has a way of making the horrifics acts of rivals and the blurry line of morals poetic. At first glance I didn’t think I’d enjoy this book as much as I did, especially with the amount of times it quoted Shakespeare. However, after diving into this dark academic […]
  • Falcon Four: Series for Back-to-School Nostalgia
    By Jay Grummel For some of us going back to classes is dreadful and for others it’s exciting. Personally, I am happy to be back on campus and with some structure, but I am also happily procrastinating  a lot of my responsibilities. To get back into the groove of things, here’s a Falcon Four of […]
September 21, 2023

Set new goals for the summer

Summer is here. It’s the time when we take a breather from 16 weeks of class work—unless, of course, you’re taking summer classes at the University.

Summer can be an exciting time of the year. But, like the school year, there can eventually come a point in the next few months where we find ourselves in the “dog days,” feeling listless.

I have definitely had this happen to me at some point or another during the last few summers. It will probably happen at some point this summer as well. But even if we can’t stop it, we can prepare for how we’re going to respond to it.

The beginning of summer is a good time to set goals for ourselves. Maybe there are things you want to do over summer like read certain books, exercise more, or incorporate something healthy into your diet. If you want to be intentional about your summer, there’s no time like the present to start. When those “dog days” start to kick in, you can remember those goals and remain purposeful in striving to reach them.

Over the last week, I have decided to set summer goals for myself. One of my goals is to get up earlier than I would if I slept in so I can spend some quiet time reading or praying before getting into my tasks for the day.

I also want to make sure I have some one-on-one time with people every day, whether that means getting lunch with someone I know or interacting with someone I don’t know on campus.

What are some things you’d like to do differently this summer? What do you think you can do to become a better version of yourself? You can turn these thoughts into goals for the summer.

If you’re going to set goals for yourself, I encourage you to tell someone else about them. Have the other person set goals as well. You both can hold each other accountable for reaching and maintaining them.

Hope your summer gets off to a good start!

Respond to Alexander at