Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Join our team
Join the Falcon Media team for Spring semester - paid staff positions, internships, volunteer opportunities. Applications open now until October 13. Get the details!
September 21, 2023

• Poetry for Fall
    By Jay Grummel Poetry has a way of connecting us to the external and internal world. In poetry it is easier to feel a season and truly feel a piece due to this. Poetry has a subtle way of making the readers immersed into the world of the poem. With the air getting colder and […]
  • A Theatrical Rivalry with Love and Despair
    By Jay Grummel If We Were Villains has a way of making the horrifics acts of rivals and the blurry line of morals poetic. At first glance I didn’t think I’d enjoy this book as much as I did, especially with the amount of times it quoted Shakespeare. However, after diving into this dark academic […]
September 21, 2023

Falcons climb to 18th in rankings, will face Bemidji State

Coming off a weekend series split against Ohio State last weekend, the 18th ranked Falcon hockey team will face conference opponent Bemidji State this weekend at the BG

Ice Arena.

Last season, BG won both games against the Beavers to even the all-time series at 2-2-0.

The Beavers enter this weekend’s series with a 3-7-0 overall record and a 2-4-0 record in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association. The Beavers currently have a four game losing streak, however their last two matchups were against Minnesota State and Michigan Tech, two nationally

ranked teams.

“We have to be ready to compete at a very high level. We have to be ready to get to our game early on Friday night and sustain that all the way through the end of Saturday night,” BG head coach Chris Bergeron said.

Last Friday night, in front of a record crowd of 5,353 at the BG Ice Arena, Ohio State defeated BG 3-2. Both of BG’s goals were scored by forward Brent Tate.

Tate has scored three goals in the four games he has played this season.

BG led for the majority of the game, however the Buckeyes scored three goals in the last five minutes of regulation to come back and beat the Falcons. BG goalie Tommy Burke made 21 saves in the

losing effort.

On Saturday night, BG traveled down to Columbus to finish the weekend series and defeated the Buckeyes 3-2. Freshman goalie Chris Nell made 27 saves in the game for the Falcons improving his record to 3-0-0.

“Saturday night I thought we did a nice job of getting the road win. Chris Nell had a great first period, he probably kept us in the game in that first period,” Bergeron said.

Mike Sullivan, Sean Walker and Brandon Hawkins scored goals for the Falcons in the win. Hawkins scored the game-winning goal with less than three minutes remaining in regulation.

Sophomore Pierre-Luc Mercier recorded an assist in the game. He now leads the team with eight assists on the season.

Saturday night’s win was the first time the Falcons defeated the Buckeyes on the road since

February 1, 2008.

BG currently has an overall record of 8-3-1 and 5-1-0 in the WCHA

this season.

The Falcons currently rank third in the WCHA in penalty kill and power play. BG is 40-for-44 on the penalty kill.

Both Friday and Saturday night’s games this weekend start at 7:07 p.m. This will be the last home series at the BG Ice Arena until January 9th.