Publishing independent student content

Publishing independent student content

Publishing independent student content

Join our team
Join the Falcon Media team for Spring semester - paid staff positions, internships, volunteer opportunities. Applications open now until October 13. Get the details!
September 29, 2023

• Women in Horror for Halloween
    It’s that time of year again where the weather is starting to cool down and the Halloween decorations are being put out. For me once it hits end of September my TBR becomes nothing, but horror and thriller novels. As a big mood reader the seasons and holidays determine what I want to read next. […]
  • My Fiction Icks
    By Jay Grummel When you read as much as I do you start to notice common things in fiction that make you annoyed, upset  or even want to put down the book completely. I have a bad habit of not giving books much of a chance when they use some of these personal ‘icks’. However, […]

William Houston arrested for attempted rape

A Bowling Green football player has been accused of attempted rape. Sophomore running back William Houston was arrested early on Sunday morning before having a court arraignment on Monday at Bowling Green Municipal court.

According to the police report, Houston was allowed to stay over at a Bowling Green residence on Saturday night. Before calling the police, the caller walked into a bedroom and saw the alleged, attempted rape. The caller saw Houston with his pants down and on top of the roommate.

The caller screamed and Houston ran from the residence. The caller then contacted the police and Houston was found on campus at 204 Centennial Hall. Houston was transported to the police station and then arrested for attempted rape.

According to court records in the arraignment on Monday, Houston requested the court give him more time to speak with his attorney. Following, a preliminary hearing will be held on July 28. He is currently being held on $25,000 bond and was also ordered to have no contact with the alleged victim.

Houston had 49 carries for 211 yards last season and tied for the team high touchdowns with 11.

“We are aware of the situation and we anticipate knowing more details in the coming days,” said the BGSU athletic department in a statement via e-mail.