Bowling Green welcomes new Ice Industries factory

Ice Industries – via BG24 newscast

Ice Industries (Ice) has announced the establishment of a new 150,000 square-foot-factory coming to Bowling Green.

The announcement was made on March 30, 2022 after Ice was selected to supply solar panel components to First Solar, Inc.

This $9 million factory is expected to launch in October 2022 and will be located on Van Camp Rd. in Bowling Green.

“Ice industries is excited to undertake this new endeavor in a new location. The City of Bowling Green, the Regional Growth Partnership and Jobs Ohio have been very helpful in our location selection and planning,” Director of Human Relations for Ice Industries, Monica Perez, said.

The new factory will bring many job opportunities to the area. It will initially create 71 new jobs, and once the factory reaches full production, that number could reach 120.

Jobs that are available for hire include: general workers, supervisors, material handlers, maintenance, accounting and operations associates. 

These jobs are expected to start at $18 an hour with benefits.

Executive Director of Bowling Green Economic Development, Kati Thompson, is excited about the new developments and the impacts it could have on the community.

“Ice Industries had considered several potential locations for their new operation, and we’re thrilled they’ve chosen Bowling Green. With a strong history of success and their presence in an important industry, we know they’ll be a tremendous asset to our community,” Thompson said.