• Jeanette Winterson for ā€œgAyPRILā€
    ā€œgAyPRILā€ (Gay-April) continues onĀ Falcon Radio, sharing a playlist curated by the Queer Trans Student Union, sharing songs celebrating the LGBTQ+ experience. In similar vein, you will enjoy Jeanette Wintersonā€™s books if you find yourself interested in LGBTQ+ voices and nonlinear narratives. As ā€œdead weekā€ is upon us, students, we can utilize resources such as Falcon […]
    As we enter into the poetics of April, also known as national poetry month, here are four voices from well to lesser known. The Tradition ā€“ Jericho Brown Winner of the Pulitzer Prize, Brown visited the last American Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP 2024) conference, and I loved his speech and humor. Besides […]

Black Swamp Players premiere new play this weekend

The Black Swamp Players will be performing “Death By Golf,” a comedy and murder mystery, this weekend and next weekend.

The characters include a bride, her new husband, her grandfather, an escaped convict and an attorney. They gather at the home of the grandfather, who plays golf.

“It’s one of those plays that has surprises,” said Deb Shaffer, president of the Black Swamp Players. Shaffer plays the attorney, Muriel.

Inge Klopping is directing the play, her first production with the Black Swamp Players.

The cast includes a University graduate, Emily Remaklus, and an associate professor of computer science, Guy Zimmerman.

“We would love to have students audition for shows in the future,” Shaffer said.

The Black Swamp Players will present the show April 17, 18, 24 and 25 at 8 p.m. and April 24 and 26 at 2 p.m. All performances are at the First United Methodist Church at 1526 East Wooster St.

Tickets are available ahead of time at Grounds for Thought. Tickets are $10 for students and seniors and $12 for adults ahead of time and at the door.

This is the final show of the Black Swamp Players’ season. Next year’s shows will be announced at “Death By Golf” performances.