Shuttle app launches Wednesday

Parking and Shuttle Services released an iPhone and Android application Wednesday that will allow students to track the location of University shuttle buses and see how long it will take them to reach their destination.

Jennifer Sobolewski, communication specialist for the University, announced the app’s launch through an email press release Tuesday morning.

To download the free app, students can search for “TransLoc Transit Visualization” in the App Store or Android Market, install it on their phone and select “Bowling Green State University,” according to the press release.

Students can also text their shuttle stop’s unique number to “41411” to obtain arrival information and up-to-the-minute announcements.

Signs will soon be installed at each shuttle stop with the unique numbers, according to the press release. Until the signs are installed, the unique numbers are available at the University’s new TransLoc website, bgsu.transloc.com.

“We’re really excited about what this technology brings to campus,” said Aaron Kane, manager of Parking and Shuttle Services, in the press release. “It will minimize wait times and improve the overall shuttle experience.”

Several universities nationwide use TransLoc Transit Visualization, including Auburn, Yale, Harvard and Duke, according to the press release.

The University first announced the shuttle app in August and anticipated a September release date, according to a past article in The BG News.

The app was delayed because of issues with the University’s radio drivers, according to the article, and its release wasn’t anticipated until this fall.