Four Falcons earn wins at Findlay Invitational

At Friday’s meet at the University of Findlay, the Falcons were able to take away four first-place wins and multiple runner-up spots as well.

Junior Allison Weimer was the first Falcon runner to place first in the meet; she finished the 600-meter run with a time of 1:37.42, defeating the runner-up from Macomb Community College by nearly a second.

The second BG first-place runner spot was won by the ‘A’ group in the 4×400-meter relay consisting of sophomore Allorian Horne, junior Jeanette Pettigrew, junior Felicia Jefferson and Weimer. They defeated the BG ‘B’ group, who placed second, by nearly ten seconds.

Horne also placed second in the 60-meter and 200-meter dashes, and Jefferson finished second in the 400-meter dash.

The second of four first-place winners came from the field portion of the meet. Freshman Emily Gerken took first place in the high jump event, reaching a distance of 1.55 meters. She defeated Findlay junior Laura Kelly by 0.05 meters.

The second first-place Falcon was junior Janelle Campbell. She won the long jump event by 0.18 meters ahead of Ann Beecher, an unattached athlete. Senior Ashley Harris finished fourth and eighth in the shot put and weight throw respectively.

Abby Koch, who traveled to the University of Notre Dame on Friday to participate in the Meyo Invitational, finished 22nd in the 5,000-meter run with a time of 17:31.16.

The Falcons travel to Akron on Friday to participate in the Akron Invitational.