New resale store offers brand name clothes inexpensively

New 2 You, a store which opened in April in the Woodland Mall, sells gently used clothes for low prices.

At first, New 2 You sounds just like Goodwill, but store manager Cherie Stewart said there are differences.

‘There is a certain style to our store,’ she said. ‘We try to stick with main brand clothing as our inventory and I think that sets us apart from Goodwill.’

The store’s inventory is comprised of clothes and other items brought in and then bought from community members. Store owner Brent Stewart, son of Cherie, commented on his store’s philosophy.

‘For those who want to sell clothes to us, we try to offer them a fair price, so that in return, we can offer a fair price when we re-sell them,’ Brent said.

Cherie explained another reason New 2 You tries to keep their clothing and accessories affordable.

‘We try to keep our prices low because the way the economy is,’ she said. ‘When people can find nice clothes at low prices, it is sure to make them better and that is our goal. And when people can get name brand clothes for cheap that makes us feel good too.’

Brent said business overall at the store has been average, but he thinks University students could help.

‘I definitely see more community members as shoppers, but we are trying to get more students in here,’ Brent said. ‘We are kind of tucked in the back corner of the mall but that doesn’t mean we don’t have quality clothes.’

One student Brent may see in his store soon is junior Jonathan Keegan. Keegan said he has not had an opportunity to shop there yet, but the store sounds like a good idea.

‘Being in college, it’s can be really expensive buying good name brand clothes so finding them for cheap is a priority,’ Keegan said. ‘I’ve bought clothes from discount stores before, so I would definitely consider going to this new store.’

New 2 You not only sells clothing but other items such as jewelry, purses, books and even furniture.

‘We are looking to expand our selection in books because a couple of customers have come in here and found the exact book they have been looking for,’ Cherie said. ‘We also have had couches for sale in our store as well.’

For those interested in selling clothes and accessories to New 2 You the best time to bring them in are on Thursdays and Fridays between 1 and 7 p.m.