Track heading to Mt. Pleasant

The Bowling Green track team will be heading to Michigan this weekend. The Falcons will make the trip to Mount Pleasant to compete in the CMU quintangular this evening.

Last weekend the Falcons lost a heartbreaker in the quintangular meet in BG. The loss was thought of as a disappointment and the Falcons will be looking to bounce back.

The difference between this meet and last week’s meet is that the triangular today is all Mid American Conference teams. The Falcons will be squaring off against Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo and Western Michigan.

“I am looking for continued improvement from the team as we face more MAC teams we will see at conference in a few weeks,” BG head coach Scott Sehmann said. “We have had a solid week of practice across the board and believe we can look forward to a strong effort on behalf of our squad.”

This week the track team was focused on their goals of achieving the conference championship and their dream start this weekend when competing against their conference foes.

The Falcons had a great meet last Friday with solid performances.

BG just didn’t bring all the pieces together. Today, the Falcons have to focus on the goal of finishing first place as a squad.

“The Invitational will give us a feel for the environment the team will be in for the MAC Champs as CMU plays host this year,” Sehmann said. “I look forward to seeing the ladies compete and going after some more season and personal bests.”

Sehmann wants to see improvement from this past weekend.

The ladies are sorting of molding themselves into track machines, revving themselves up for the big MAC tournament in a few weeks.

Focusing on team efforts and personal bests will help the Falcons place high in the MAC conference.

There are a lot of talented girls on the track team, in all areas of expertise. This Falcons team has a chance to make this year special and today is a starting point for this achievement. The Falcons need to have a great meet today and keep their momentum going for the rest of the season.

Winning is the only thing on the track team’s minds and losing is not an option.