Sunday’s games offer few answers for fantasy owners

It has been a hectic and crazy fantasy football season this year.

It seems that compared to past seasons, 2005 is more unpredictable. In the first of a series of fantasy football updates, this is a preview of the upcoming week, game by game.

Atlanta at Miami – Michael Vick is a safe start against an experienced Dolphin defense. Ronnie Brown should run up and down the field against a weak Falcons rush defense.

Carolina at Tampa Bay – A pivotal rivalry match up. Expect the Buccaneer offense to struggle again this week. Breakout receiver Steve Smith has another big game receiving.

Cincinnati at Baltimore – Ravens running back Jamal Lewis continues to struggle, so Chester Taylor could make an impact. Carson Palmer may have his worst day yet this year because of the Ravens’ ruthless defense. Either way, it’s a safe bet to start Cincy receiver, Chad Johnson.

Detroit at Minnesota – Kevin Jones is licking his chops to run all over the Vikings this week. Without Dante Culpepper, it may be hard to start any Viking this week. If you picked up Brad Johnson, I would wait a week to start him.

Houston at Jacksonville – Texans usually play well against the Jaguars, but I would not consider playing any Texan. Fred Taylor and Bryon Leftwich are must-starts this week.

Oakland at Kansas City – Priest Holmes is questionable but Larry Johnson is able to handle the load this week. Randy Moss should have a big day and LaMont Jordan continues his success in KC.

San Diego at New York – LaDanian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates will continue to be the best 1-2 punch in the league. Curtis Martin continues to be a disappointment.

Tennessee at Cleveland – I am livid that Trent Dilfer is starting, and I think the veteran QB will have another ugly day at home. I will be at the game and personally plan on starting the “Charlie” chant. Steve McNair and Chris Brown are solid starts.

Chicago at Saints – This is an awkward game. I think Cedric Benson could have his best game as a pro. The Saints’ offense should struggle against the Bears’ D.

New York at San Francisco – Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey and Plaxico Burress are must-starts this week.

Seattle at Arizona – My breakout player of the week? Who else, Shaun Alexander. Larry Fitzgerald and Boldin could tear up the Seahawks’ suspect secondary.

Pittsburgh at Green Bay – Even though Big Ben may not play because of his injured knee, Willie Parker and Jerome Bettis both rush for 100 yards and reach the end zone. Brett Favre has another long day against the Steel Curtain D.

Philadelphia at Washington – This game is my game of the week, but fantasy wise it’s hard to tell. I think T.O. and Santana Moss make the big plays in this game. Westbrook and Portis may have long days.

Indianapolis at New England – Peyton finally gets his revenge and torches the banged-up secondary of the Colts. Corey Dillon is a solid start and Tom Brady will face a lot of blitzes and may not play well but the Patriots are home, so magic could happen.

‘#160;