Local football fans have wide options

‘#160;

For many Browns Fans it may be hard to believe but there are people who don’t want to watch Trent Dilfer and the ‘New, New, New Browns’ every Sunday.

With its proximity to Cleveland, however, the northwest Ohio CBS affiliate will cover nothing but the Browns.

But Bengals fans, Steeler fans and Lions fans no longer need to suffer through another painful NFL Sunday.

Many local bars are now showing every NFL game every Sunday. So if you want to watch your hometown team whether it be Cincinnati, Tampa or Seattle you’re in luck.

Randy Carpenter, manager of the Bowling Green Fricker’s, realizes the amount of out-of-town students who want to watch their hometown team and is ready to take on the larger crowds.

The sports bar which seats about 160 is expecting to be packed with supporters for the Browns, Packers, Steelers, Bengals and Lions.

Fricker’s one of the many bars in town that have Direct TV’s NFL Sunday Ticket has access to every NFL game on 14 TV’s, and tries to show as many games as possible, with what they call ‘Wall-to-Wall Football.’

‘Any game that is on we get it. If you come in and ask for a certain game we will put it on for you,’ Carpenter said. ‘It’s your favorite teams, your favorite games, on 14 TV’s.’

Other than the NFL package, Fricker’s also offers food and drink specials for their NFL junkies, as well as wireless Internet access for those fans who want to follow their fantasy teams online.

Fricker’s specials which include buckets of beers for $5 are not only designed to keep the fans happy but also keep them competitive, because there are now at least six local bars planning to show every NFL game this season.