Nichole Nordeman review

Nichole Nordeman

Woven ‘ Spun

Sparrow Records

C-

She draws people in with her angelic voice, but Nichole Nordeman?s CD Woven ‘ Spun is just another CD amongst a sea of others.

Woven ‘ Spun follows the same formula with over-simplified lyrics, trying to attempt a pop sensation amongst Christian listeners. Instead, the lyrics and sounds say nothing new and could have been approached with more penmanship and authenticity.

Nordeman has a wonderful vocal range and a soothing sensationalist when it comes to delivery. Maybe if she had written or was given lyrics with more content, then maybe she would have the potential of topping off.

If you are looking for a CD to fall asleep to, then Woven and Spun will suffice. Christian music is meant to be uplifting, but when you take concepts that Christians will relate to and use them without taking a unique spin on the experience, you?re going to fall flat.

This, again, takes nothing away from her voice as that is almost met with perfection, maybe next time she should really look into getting lyrics with some sort of substantial content and mixing it up with something that hasn?t been hear before. Uniquness in today?s society has the ability to succeed.