Relaxing trip-hop

Soft, coarse voice of Skye Edwards with a fast, steady beat for the background music of Morcheeba. Ross and Paul Godfrey complete the band of Morcheeba. Ross and Paul Godfrey began Morcheeba in 1995 and concluded an album in 1996. Now in 2003 after 4 albums, they have a best of Morcheeba album.

Morcheeba’s genre of music is electronica. Electronica seems a little far-fetched for Morcheeba. Morcheeba has more of a pop musical value. Morcheeba Skye Edward’s voice has an impressive vocal range. She connects with her audience with her sorrowful tones. She expresses oppressiveness in her songs that are lacking in popular music. The repeated redundancy in her words makes the songs obtuse. The dullness of the lyrics takes away from the music itself.

Paul and Ross Godfrey co-wrote the songs with Skye Edwards. Their musical talent has no intention of impression.

Their best of album comes out 7 years after releasing their first one. Some classic bands, like Metallica and Radiohead, do not have a best of album.

Morcheeba is an acquired taste specifically for trip-hop lovers.

Also, recommended a healthy dose while relaxing with close friends. The soundscapes get the emotions flowing. Listening to Morcheeba is soothing before resounding to sleep or preparing for a long night.

The sensation of Morcheeba is not an impressive beat. It is more of a laid back approach to making music they enjoy. Morcheeba would just rather make music than become popular. Their popular aspect would just be to compile a best of when the populace has not been introduced to them.

Morcheeba can be listened to for calming basics, but not for hyped emotion. If a person wants to listen to relaxing music, than Morcheeba will put you to sleep. There is nothing new to offer the willing audience. Rather, just a cool remedy for a broken heart or a night with close friends.

Grade: C-