Off-Campus Activities that are fun for all ages

Professor Tinker’s Playhouse and Workshop:

This is probably the best destination for sibling fun in Bowling Green. Half of the store, located in the Woodland Towne Center, is a toy store while the other half is a Chuck E. Cheese’s-esque playroom equipped with an air hockey table, ski ball, among other games.

Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and Sunday from Noon to 5 p.m.

Xscape:

Make sure your brothers and sisters bring their skateboards and rollerblades to this indoor skate park. Also located in the Woodland Towne Center, the park is filled with ramps and they even make you sign a waver before skating which either means it’s really dangerous or really exciting. It costs $10 per skater for the whole day.

Hours: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, Noon to midnight Saturday and Sunday from Noon to 7 p.m.

COSI:

If you can make the trip to downtown Toledo, this hands-on science center is well worth it. You can ride a bicycle on a thin wire 20 feet in the air and speak to someone through huge yellow discs 100 feet apart. This weekend is also the beginning of Sandsational Spring Break where you can play in sand and view sand sculptures.

Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday and Noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.

Cost: Children 2 and under get in free, ages 3 to 12 are $6.50, ages 13-65 are $8.50 and ages 65 and up are $6.

Toldedo Zoo:

They have animals and animals are fun.

Hours: Are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. all weekend.

Cost: Children under 2 get in free, ages 2 to 11 and 60 and up are $6 and everyone in between are $9. Parking is $5.

Bowling:

You can probably go bowling at home, but if you have some avid bowling fans in your family there are two bowling alleys right in town.

Al-Mar Lanes, 1010 N. Main St., has open bowling after 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday and after 1 p.m. Sunday. It costs $3.75 to bowl and $1.75 for shoes.

Varsity Lanes, 1033 S. Main St., has open bowling all weekend. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday it costs $2.50. After 6 p.m. Friday and from 10 a.m. to midnight Saturday and Sunday it costs $3.00. Shoe rental is $1.75.

Movies:

Again, you can see a movie anytime with your siblings, but if nothing on the above list appeals to you, there are two movie theaters in Bowling Green to quench your cinematic thirst.

The Cla-zel, the historic theatre in downtown Bowling Green, will not be playing any child-friendly movies this weekend until Sunday’s showing of To Kill a Mockingbird.

Cost: Tickets are $3.75 for children 12 and under and adults 65 and over. Tickets for adults in between are $6.00.

Woodland Mall Cinema 5 charges $3.50 for movies before 6 p.m., tickets after 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday are $5.75. For children ages 1 through 10 and adults 65 and up tickets are always $3.50. Make sure you bring cash, though, because this theatre does not accept credit or debit.

Quality Time:

Above all else, just spend time with your siblings. Not only is this activity free, but you know your siblings will enjoy it because they came up to see you.