Students find path through Life Design

BGSU Marketing and Brand Strategy

Outside the new Geoffrey H. Radbill Center for College and Life Design, attached to the Math and Science Building.

Emily Dimick, Reporter

Life Design at Bowling Green State University helps students find a degree that aligns with their personal and professional goals. Katie Hall credits Life Design in helping her discover what path fits her best, according to an article by Bowling Green State University. 

Katie Hall’s journey began in the one hour weekly BGSU 1910: Life Design at BGSU seminar, where she was paired up with a design coach. The design coach teaches students to think in a creative and problem-solving way known as design thinking. 

Along with equipping students with problem-solving skills, the Life Design program provides students with advice and resources needed to graduate with minimal debt and create a career network. 

Life coach Gabe Dunbar stated that he always starts and ends his classes by letting his students know that it is okay to not know what they are going to do for the rest of their lives. 

“Using design thinking does not necessarily mean you’re going to figure everything out right now, but students will be more creative and confident in decisions about their future,” said Dunbar. “Katie had the ability within herself to find her path forward. Life Design just helped unlock that.”

Hall stated in the article, “Life Design really pushed me to be an active participant in my own happiness.”