Rapper Machine Gun Kelly coming to Stroh Center

Machine gun Kelly performed for Bowling Green this past winter and will be coming to the Stroh Center this Saturday.

Machine Gun Kelly is no freshman when it comes to performing in Bowling Green.

MGK will return this Saturday with his Disorderly Conduct Tour at the Stroh Center.

“I like coming to Bowling Green because it lives up to a fun college town,” MGK said.

MGK said he looks forward to his show this weekend because he’s hoping for some sexual experiences since the hotels are near campus.

“I remember there was a jacuzzi at one hotel that I had some pretty good times in,” MGK said.

This will probably be his fourth or fifth time performing in Bowling Green, said Banan Alkilani, the director of Marketing for Cla-Zel Theatre. MGK opened for Wiz Khalifa when he performed at Anderson Arena a few years ago and he performed at Cla-Zel this past year.

MGK said some legendary shows were hosted in Bowling Green like his first sold-out show outside of Cleveland, and Ryan Yex, a fan who was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, walked four steps across the stage.

“It’s always been very close to sell-outs or they have sold out,” Alkilani said. “He has a lot of Ohio supporters and followers who support and listen to his music.”

MGK started expanding his fan base by doing some collaborations with other artists, Alkilani said, so the show has moved to the Stroh this year.

“His fanbase has been growing,” Alkilani said. “His shows have been selling out more and more.”

Freshman Donovan Carey said he has only heard MGK’s song “Wild Boy.”

Carey said he thinks MGK represents his hometown, Cleveland, and really expresses himself through music.

Alkilani said MGK’s words and lyrics in some of his songs expresses pain he went through and others can relate to.

“He’s very real with his music,” Alkilani said. “His stories and topics are relatable to a lot of people, especially people in his own age group, so students can relate because they’re about the same age.”

Sophomore Nichelle Mcclain said she’s not really a big fan of MGK.

“I don’t like his style or what he raps about,” Mcclain said.

MGK said he speaks from his past and he feels he’s just an average guy, right in the middle.

“All my songs are authentic. Like ‘Wild Boy’ is from like one of those mornings when you wake up in your own vomit,” MGK said.

His favorite song to perform is a new one “Hold On” that features Young Jeezy from his upcoming album set to release Oct. 9.

Alkilani also said the show is scheduled close to the release of his upcoming album “Lace Up.”

“I want to tell all my fans to ‘lace up,’” MGK said.

Saturday night’s show will start at 8 p.m. and DJ Manny will be featured as a special guest.

Tickets are available at Student Book Exchange, Finders Records and Cla-Zel in Bowling Green. They are also available in Toledo at Culture Clash Toledo and online at clazelnet.ticketleap.com.

Ticket prices range from $23.50 to $32.50.