November 30, 2023

• Repairing the Family
    By Jay Grummel Earlier this month I wrote about fond families, however the holidays are made up of many different types of families. Some will be hostile and dysfunctional or some will be loving and understanding. Whatever your family looks like this season, it’s always nice to read about ones other than your own. So, […]
  • Review of The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
    Let’s time-travel to the year 2012 and the world is raving about none other than Katniss Everdeen. I remember being in elementary school, begging my mother to let me dress up as her for my birthday. Now it’s over ten years later and I’m still just as excited for the new movie as I was […]

Student dies of complications from illness

Junior Xavier Crawford, 22, of Euclid, Ohio, died in the hospital from complications of an illness on Dec. 14, according to an email sent by University President Mary Ellen Mazey.

“We are grieved once again to learn of the death of one of our students,” Mazey said in the email.

Crawford was a pre-physical major in the College of Education and Human Development, according to the email.

Funeral services were Dec. 22 in Euclid.

A fund in Crawford’s name was created to help pay for the funeral, according to a campus update. Donations can be made at any Key Bank under “donations for Xavier Crawford.”