Fries and a shake with a side of humor

If you’ve ever wondered what that strange cartoon with talking fast food items is, that probably means it’s not for you. The show is featured during Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim hours. It is called “Aqua Teen Hunger Force.” It features Shake; a self-centered milkshake, Frylock; an intellectual box of french fries, and Meatwad; a fun-loving mass of compressed meat. Their purpose to us may be slightly miscalculated.

Much like its whimsical title, “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” is an absent minded exploration of nothing. Yes, its even more on-the-fly than “Seinfeld.”

Originally designed to be a cartoon about the adventures of a crime fighting team, “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” abandoned their only storyline to create meaningless humor out of their colorful characters.

Now in their fifth season, which has recently been released on DVD, the Hunger Force focuses more on meaningless pervasive humor that arises from conflicting interaction of the three main characters.

What drives Aqua Teen is unquestionably its characters. Even in just a 15-minute episode there certainly isn’t any shred of reason or meaning. Being a series of such superfluous banter, its target demographic, observed clearly in its juvenile title, can’t possibly be of much interest to complexity.

Ultimately, the series is only sporadically funny, exhaustingly incomprehensible, and offensively distasteful. Recommendations should only come based on sobriety of the viewer.