BG-Michigan game is officially a sellout

When Michigan comes to Bowling Green for tonight’s basketball game, they will be greeted by a packed house.

Tickets for the game were close to selling out yesterday afternoon. All non-student tickets were sold last week. A total of 1500 other tickets were set aside to be given out to students before the game. When the student tickets became available Tuesday morning, 1200 were taken that day.

“We had about 60 to 75 students here when we opened in the morning,” said Scot Bressler, director of ticket office operations. “It was steady all day.”

Bressler said yesterday he expected the remaining 300 tickets to be gone by the end of the day.

Although offering student tickets has not been done in about four years, according to Bressler, it is something the athletic department felt was necessary in this case.

“We knew this would sell out. (Michigan is) a Big Ten school,” Bressler said. “There had been a lot of questions and inquiries about tickets for this game as far back as early fall when we found out they would be on the schedule.”

While giving away student tickets before a game is unusual, selling out a basketball game is nothing new for the University.

“Last year, when we played Toledo, we had to turn students away at the gate,” Bressler said.

Students will have to show both their student ID card and ticket in order to enter the arena for tonight’s game.