Happy Holidays!

Whether you’re celebrating Christmas, Kwanzaa or Hanukkah this year, the BG News would like to wish you a safe and happy holiday season.

The holidays are a time to be with friends and family and to take a fewdays out of life to relax.

We know that you probably have more shopping, decorating and cooking to do, not to mention finals week, but we urge you to keep the true meaning of this time of year with you.

Since Sept. 11, our lives have been altered, and Christmas is not exempt. Some things are different, but remember that no one can take away our love for one another, not even the terrorists.

Also, the economy is in a bit of a slump these days and things seem a little dismal, but we think that a turnaround is right around the corner. This shouldn’t put a damper on the holidays, because it’s not all about spending money for the newest gizmos. It’s about being with your friends and family.

We have all have so much to be thankful for this holiday season. We urge you to try and remember that.

So go, eat the Christmas dinner with your family and friends and enjoy the season.

We hope for peace on earth and pray for the men and women that are helping to protect our country overseas and abroad. Also, we remember the friends and families of the Sept. 11. This Christmas will be especially painful for them.

Once again, we wish you a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a Happy Kwanzaa.