Scouting the competition in Cleveland region

These teams will be joining 12 seed BGSU in the Cleveland bracket.

1.) North Carolina 29-1 (13-1) – As their record shows, the Tarheels are one of the best in the Atlantic Coast Conference this season, losing their only game of the year on Feb. 9 to Maryland in overtime. Because of their outstanding regular season play, they are a heavy favorite to win the NCAA championship. Their first tournament game comes on March 18 against 16 seed UC Riverside (16-14) of the Big West Conference.

Did You Know?: The Tarheels are tops in the ACC in steals per game with 13.03.

2.) Tennessee 28-4 (11-3) – The Lady Vols are currently riding on some serious momentum as they have won the South Eastern Conference tournament. They scored a huge victory in the championship game when they beat the top team in the conference, LSU, 63-62. The Lady Volunteers are set to play 15 seed Army (20-10) on March 19.

Did You Know?: Senior guard Shanna Zolman has been practically automatic from the charity stripe this season, shooting an ultra-reliable 94 percent, which leads the SEC.

3.) Rutgers 25-4 (16-0) – The Scarlet Knights have won 13 straight games, the biggest one being the Big East Conference championship against Villanova on March 5. They will look to maintain the winning trend going into their first round match-up with 14 seed Dartmouth (23-6) on March 19.

Did You Know?: Senior guard Cappie Poindexter is second in the Big East in points per game with 21.5.

4.) Purdue 24-6 (13-3) – After winning three straight games, the Boilermakers lost a hard-fought Big Ten championship game to eventual Albuquerque Region 1 seed Ohio State on March 6, 63-60. Purdue will look to get back on track March 19 as they take on 13 seed Missouri State (17-14) in their first round game.

Did You Know?: As a team the Boilermakers like to reject opposing shots. They average 5.20 blocks a game.

5.) UCLA 20-10 (12-6) – The Lady Bruins truly earned their fifth seed in the Cleveland region when they took down Pac Ten Conference leader Stanford in overtime of the championship game, 85-76, on March 6. Next for the Bruins is their first round match-up against 12 seed BGSU (28-2) on March 19.

Did You Know?: Junior guard Noelle Quinn leads UCLA in scoring with 18.3 points per game.

6.) Texas A’M 23-8 (11-5) – March 9 was a tough day for the Aggies, as they lost a heartbreaker to Baylor in the Big Twelve championship game, 53-52. A’M will look to right the ship March 19 when they take on 11 seed TCU (18-11) in their first round game.

Did You Know?: The Aggies lead the Big Twelve in scoring defense, holding opponents to just 57.1 points per game.

7.) George Washington 22-8 (13-3) – GW is the top team in the Atlantic Ten Conference this season, but fell on hard times when they lost to Temple in the conference championship game, 59-54. The Colonials will look to get it together on March 19 when they take on their first round opponent, 10 seed Old Dominion (22-8).

Did You Know?: Sophomore guard Kimberly Beck is the Atlantic Ten leader in assists per game with 5.40.

8.) Vanderbilt 20-10 (8-6) – After getting handled in the second round of the SEC tournament by Georgia, 69-47, the Commodores will try to make some noise in the Big Dance. Their first round game is against 9 seed Louisville (19-9) on March 18.

Did You Know?: The Commodores are second to only the LSU Tigers in the SEC in field goal percentage. Vandy shoots 48% as a team.

9.) Louisville 19-9 (10-6) – The Cardinals were bounced early in the Big East tournament, losing to West Virginia 54-45 in the first round. They will try to erase that memory March 18 when they take on 8 seed Vanderbilt (20-10) in the first round of the NCAA tourney.

Did You Know?: As a team, Louisville is ranked fourth in the Big East in defensive rebounds, pulling down 26.14 per game.

10.) Old Dominion 22-8 (17-1)- Winners of four of their last five games, including the Colonial Athletic Association championship game, the Monarchs want to keep the momentum going, and will try to do so March 19 when they play their first round opponent, 7 seed George Washington (22-8).

Did You Know?: The Lady Monarchs will be making their 15th NCAA tournament appearance in a row and their 23rd overall. This is less than only two teams all time, Tennessee and Louisiana Tech.

11.) TCU 18-11 (11-5) – The Texas Christian University Lady Horned Frogs, after winning their first conference tournament game against Wyoming on March 9, 63-55, lost the very next day to eventual Mountain West Conference champion BYU, 63-53. The Horned Frogs will look to get back on track in the first round of March Madness against 6 seed Texas A’M (23-8) on March 19.

Did You Know?: TCU is second in the MWC in total scoring, averaging 68.3 points a game.

13.) Missouri State 17-14 (7-11) – MSU, even with their disappointing conference and overall records, won an NCAA tournament bid by beating four teams in four days to take home the Missouri Valley Conference championship. The Lady Bears will try to stay in the win column when they go up against 4 seed Purdue (24-6) in their first round game on March 19.

Did You Know?: Senior guard Kari Koch leads the MVC in scoring, pouring in 20.5 points per game.

14.) Dartmouth 23-6 (12-2) – The Big Green secured their 14 seeding with their victory in the Ivy League Conference tournament over Princeton, 63-48 on March 12. Their first round game is against 3 seed Rutgers (25-4) on March 19.

Did You Know?: Dartmouth is tops in the Ivy League from three point range, shooting 40% from behind the arc.

15.) Army 20-10 (11-3) – Fresh off their Patriot League conference championship win over Holy Cross, 69-68, the Black Knights will head off to the March Madness fray when they match up with 2 seed Tennessee (28-4) on March 19.

Did You Know?: Army is first in the Patriot league in scoring, dropping 68 points a game.

16.) UC Riverside 16-14 (7-7) – Despite the poor Big West Conference record, the Highlanders were able to secure their first ever NCAA tournament bid when they won their conference championship game over UC Santa Barbara, 59-58 on March 11. Riverside will look to have at least one more dance when they head into the first round to try and upset the 1 seed, North Carolina (29-1), on March 18.

Did You Know?: The Highlanders hold their opponents to 62.6 points per game, which is second in the Big West.