Democratic party’s pursuit of impeachment is in vain

The New Mexico Democratic Party recently amended in their platform support for President Bush’s impeachment on “perceived abuses of power and corruption in the Bush administration,” according to party chairman John Wertheim. This was during their state party convention which was held last Saturday.

Wertheim’s examples of abuse of power include warrantless wiretaps, the scandal surrounding the indictment of Vice President Cheney’s aide in the leak of an identity of a CIA operative and misstatements preceding the Iraq envision.

The Party platform states “Resolved, that the Democratic Party of New Mexico supports the impeachment of President George W. Bush and his lawful removal from office.”

The impeachment amendment won by 80 percent of approximately 1,400 delegates and was added to the political platform and election reform.

This is ridiculous that Democrats keep trying to pull this impeachment crap. This is a waste of time because Democrats know President Bush will never be impeached unless he actual did something wrong.

Wertheim also said Bush’s actions are “much more serious than anything that was said about President Clinton.”

The difference between this and the Clinton impeachment hearings is that there was actual proof that Clinton did break the law, but there is no actual proof that President Bush broke any laws. This is nothing but another smear campaign by the New Mexico Democratic Party.

The disunity impeachment hearings cause will weaken the U.S. and make our enemies stronger. It would also cost taxpayers to hold these hearings when everyone knows what the outcome will be.

Democrats should just wait for the 2008 election and try to win the presidency. They’re not going to win by weakening our leadership and trying to impeach the president.

Wertheim said, “Everyone understands President Bush is not going to be impeached. But these abuses of power and corruption in the administration are deeply serious matters and there should be more talk about this abuse of power.”

Even Wertheim knows this is a waste of time, but Democrats seem to think bashing President Bush in their platform will help their cause – it doesn’t.

Democrats are just hurting themselves when they keep doing foolish things like this and people are going to see right through this.

U.S. Sen. Jeff Bingaman,

D-NM, is co-sponsoring a bill to have an investigation on the wiretaps to see if President Bush broke any laws – he didn’t vote at the convention because he said it’s too “premature.”

They can investigate but they won’t find anything to use against President Bush.

U.S. Sen. Diane Feinstein, D-Calif., is sponsoring a bill to censor President Bush which is just as ridiculous as trying to impeach him. Democrats seem willing to go any length to attack the President and try to pass bills like these to hurt the President.

U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis., is sponsoring a bill to censure the president.

Democrats seem to be trying so hard to hurt the President politically because he is a Republican president and Democrats can’t handle that they lost the election. It’s obvious that the majority of the country backed President Bush two years ago and it still seems he has a majority now.

By bashing the President over and over again, it’s pushing people more and more away from the Democratic Party because they are so extreme at trying to get rid of the President they seem to lose focus of the current issues.

I also never hear Democrats propose any solutions to the problems they have with Bush, but they’re willing to call the President names and try to get rid them at all costs.

Send comments to Alan at [email protected].