Professors corrupt youth

By Adam Smeltz KRT

Best-selling author David Horowitz, a leading conservative commentator, has pointed to academics as instigators of intellectual corruption.

Horowitz’s latest book, “The Professors: The 101 Most Dangerous Academics in America,” is the 448-page tome excoriating “radical academics” who “indoctrinate our children.”

“These people are dangerous only in that they’re endangering the academic enterprise. … Education is the opening of students’ minds. You teach them how to think; you don’t teach them the right conclusions to matters that have no right conclusions,” Horowitz said.

He has been a driving force in a national movement to confront perceived liberal bias on college campuses.

The book includes brief critiques of Michael Berube, a Pennsylvania State University professor, and Sam Richards, a PSU senior lecturer, among other academics.

Berube has taken issue with a state legislative committee and has helped establish a chapter of the American Association of University Professors.

The Horowitz book suggests that Berube “believes in teaching literature so as to bring about ‘economic transformations.'” Citing excerpts of Berube’s writings, Horowitz writes that Berube promotes “anti-religious prejudices” in the classroom.