Tennis team to head south

The BGSU tennis team is headed to Orlando, looking to extend its winning streak over spring break.

“The trip will be a good time for the team to bond,” Ashley Jakupcin said. “I’m looking forward to having a lot of fun and winning our matches.”

The Falcons will use the trip to gear up for Mid-American Conference play. BG plays all of its MAC matches outside. The matches this week will be the first for the Falcons outdoors this season.

“These matches will be good for us, we can get a feeling for playing outside,” Jakupcin said.

BG will play two matches on March 4 against Grand Valley State and Mount St. Mary’s. On March 7 the team will play against Duquesne University.

Grand Valley State is a Div. II team. The Lakers are currently 1-1 on the season and are coming off a victory over Albion College.

Later that day, BG will square off against (0-1) Mount St. Mary’s University.

In BG’s final match over spring break, the Falcons will play Duquesne University. DU is 2-2 on the season with wins over Akron and Dayton.

If BG wins all three of their matches they will tie the longest winning streak the school has had in the last seven years.