November 30, 2023

• Review of The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
    Let’s time-travel to the year 2012 and the world is raving about none other than Katniss Everdeen. I remember being in elementary school, begging my mother to let me dress up as her for my birthday. Now it’s over ten years later and I’m still just as excited for the new movie as I was […]
  • Found Family Books for the Holidays
    The holidays are quickly approaching and for some of us that means seeing our family. However, family has a loose definition. It could mean blood or who you were raised with. It could also mean people you’ve found during your life journey. Either way, the holidays are meant for spending quality time with those you […]

Forensics team wins tournament

The University forensics team took the long awaited title of Ohio state champions for the first time since 1971, a 35 year drought.

Seven University students competed this weekend in the Varsity State Forensics Tournament against forensics teams from Cedarville University, Ohio State, Ohio University, Muskingum College and the University of Cincinnatti.

They also placed fourth in the debate category and took 21 individual awards.

The state title combines scores taken from the Novice State Tournament, in which BG took second place, and from the Varsity State Tournament held this weekend.

The University forensics program is a competitive team offered through the department of Theatre and Film to undergraduate students in good academic standing.

The forensics team and Pi Kappa Delta forensics honor society rank among the oldest student organizations on campus.