Forget the pick up line: silently bid to get a date

Silent bidding on a crush is one way to get a date.

The Black Student Union at the University is holding a silent auction in which 10 BSU members will win a date with the highest bidder.

Brandon Young, junior, said he is going to bid on someone he’s had a crush on for quite some time.

‘I plan on bidding on my special lady,’ he said. ‘She is something else.’

One auction candidate that Young might have his bid on is Ciera Myers, a junior who has never taken part in the silent auction, much less been a candidate.

‘Hopefully a lot of people will turn out for the event,’ Myers said. ‘And hopefully I will have some high bidders.’

There are ten candidates, both male and female, who are available for an auctioned date that will be completely paid for by BSU.

BSU has a booth set up in Bowen Thompson Student Union every day this week where bids can be made. The profits go directly to BSU.

Results of the bidding will be revealed at BSU’s dinner theater, to be held in the Union Ballroom on Friday from 6 to 10 p.m.

At the dinner theater, there will be a reenactment of a period of history.

‘The event is a really good production,’ Young said. ‘And it’s fun because you listen, dance and remember all the old songs you used to listen to. It really brings you back.’

Young recommends that even if students are not interested in getting a date through the silent auction, they should at least come to dinner theater for a good time.