BG continues to roll

The BGSU tennis team recorded its fifth consecutive victory Friday with a 6-1 win over IUPUI. The Falcons (7-4) got off to a fast start against the Jaguars (2-5), taking the doubles point and the first four singles matches.

BG was able to outlast IUPUI for the doubles point when the duo of Andrea Meister and Andrea Volle narrowly defeated Jessie Ritchie and Nikki Evans, 9-7 to secure the point. Kelsey Jakupcin and Heidi Romer began doubles play with an 8-4 win over Tessa Williams and Andrea Burkhardt.

Romer opened singles play with a 6-1, 6-2 victory over Allison Thompson at No. 3 singles. Meister’s win against Williams at No. 4 singles put BG comfortably a head 3-0 in the match. Jakupcin sealed the victory for the Falcons when she cruised to a 6-0, 6-3 decision over Nikki Evans at No. 5 singles.

BG’s Ashley Jakupcin closed out the match with a straight sets victory at No. 1 singles over Mallory Stemle 6-4, 7-6.

The Falcons have now won five straight matches, which marks the longest winning streak for BG in seven years. The Falcons also remain perfect at home, improving to 5-0.